PORT ARANSAS, Texas - I must confess that I have been remiss in posting updates in recent weeks. With that in mind, here are a few highlights:
- The Port Aransas real estate market performed far better than most last year. Total 2009 sales were 8% below 2008 levels. Many of the sales were in new developments such as Cinnamon Shore and Village Walk.
- Overall condo and home pricing appears to be flat, but that is in part due to numerous high-end properties that have somewhat skewed the average pricing numbers.
- Commercial and residential lot pricing continues to fall and in some cases has returned to 2003 levels.
- Local property management companies report early indicators of another very strong year for tourism and vacation rentals.
- Our Winter Texan friends are here in great numbers. Unfortunately, we are in the midst of a typical "El Nino" Winter with wet conditions. Alas, it will be hot and sunny in no time.
- In 2010 residents and visitors will enjoy the Port Aransas Nature Preserve that opened late last year. The new Port Aransas Skate Park will be opening in a few weeks and will be a popular new addition to our community.
- The first big Spring Break Weekend is March 13th (only a few weeks away).