PORT ARANSAS, Texas - Southern Living Magazine officially announced the 2009 Idea House in Cinnamon Shore on Mustang Island. The press conference was held inside the beautiful home which is currently under construction.
Reporting on the event, the Corpus Christi Caller Times interviewed Derick Belden, Executive Editor of Southern Living. "I see this beautiful ocean, the dunes and I know we chose the right place." The entire article is available here.
This Idea House was designed by Dungen Nequette Architects located in Birmingham, Alabama and incorporates some incredible features including:
* Panoramic views of the Gulf of Mexico from all floors - located 300 feet from the beach
* Accommodates several families sleeping up to 16 people
* 5 Bedrooms; 5.5Baths plus loft. Approximately 3,700 sq ft.
* Wood walls, ceilings and floors - for that cottage appeal
* 2 master suites; all bedrooms with a private bath
* 3rd story loft area with built in bunks open to a game room
* Soaring ceiling in the family room open to kitchen for family living
* Incredible gulf views from multiple porches
* 2 outdoor fireplaces in the courtyard and on the screened porch
* Separate canoe house with guest quarters above
* Viking Appliances thru out
* Beautiful detailed finishes
This spectacular Gulf-front home will be open for public viewing from June 6th thru September 27th. Admission fee is $5 per person with ticket proceeds being donated to the Port Aransas Education Foundation. Everyone is invited to visit the Idea House this Summer to experience this magnificent home and all the latest in beach home design, decorating and furnishings. Visit Cinnamon Shore for more information.